With the objective of ensuring smooth roll out of GST and taking into account the concerns expressed by the trade and industry regarding filing of the returns in GST regime, it was decided that, for the first two months of GST implementation, the tax would be payable based on a simple return (Form GSTR-3B) containing summary of outward and inward supplies which will be submitted before 20th of the succeeding month.
Return in Form GSTR-3B notified contains details to be filed by the registered person in a simplified manner.
Details to be furnished in Form GSTR-3B is as under:
• Consolidated taxable value and tax amount of Outward and inward supplies liable under RCM
• Consolidated taxable value and tax amount of inter-state supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UIN holders
• Details of Eligible input tax credit
• Details of Exempt, nil-rated and non-GST inward supplies
• Details of Payment of tax • Details of GST TDS/TCS credit
GSTR-3B will have to be filed for the month of July and August, 2017 as per the timeline given below: